How it works
With a regular calendar system, there isn't a great way to ask coworkers if a booked meeting is real or not. Confirmations are one way Robin helps schedules run smoothly by giving folks a way to indicate if a meeting is still happening. To understand how they work, let's look at the lifecycle of an average meeting:
- Monday: You book a meeting for Wednesday at 10AM and invite three people.
- Tuesday: Two people RSVP no.
- Wednesday: You forget to cancel the meeting, even though everyone has to reschedule. Your coworkers find out the hard way.
In this case, even though a meeting is on the schedule it would help everyone in your office to understand if a meeting is likely to still happen. With Robin, you have an opportunity to confirm (or delete) the meeting shortly before it starts thanks to in-app reminders and room display cues.
The default confirmation window is 2 hours. You can customize the confirmation window for your organization under Manage > Organization > Event Customizations. Set a window that works best for your team, with a setting range from 10 minutes to 12 hours.
Checking in to a meeting or event
Confirmations come from a few different places. Click the links below to learn more about each method:
- Checking in from web dashboard
- Via calendar icon
- Via schedule page
- Checking in from email
- Checking in on mobile
- Checking in via room display
Checking in via web dashboard
Like many things in the Robin dashboard, there is more than one way to check into your event:
A. From the calendar Icon
Select the calendar icon in the top ribbon, which is visible from any page within dashboard, to view upcoming events. Next to your event, you'll see a "Check-in" button when it's time to check into your event.
B. From the schedule page
1. Navigate to the schedule tab & select the view that works best for you; upcoming, day, week, month, or your office view.
2. Locate & select your event to open the event details.
Robin will let you know if it's too far in advance to check in and you'll see something like "Check in after xx:xx".
Checking in via email
If you've enabled the "unconfirmed event" email notification setting under your user settings, you'll receive an email reminder for any upcoming unconfirmed events. It'll look something like this:
Checking in via mobile
To confirm your upcoming event as the organizer, navigate to the Schedule tab > locate your upcoming event > select Check in right below.
To confirm an event you're attending, navigate to the Schedule tab > locate the event > select the event to open the event details > select the big blue check in button at the bottom.
The example above shows Lauren checking into an event Ben organized.
Checking in via room display
If you've enabled abandoned meeting protection, it's important to note that there are two kinds of meetings that don't require confirmations, and will not automatically remove events from the room's schedule:
Confirmations + abandoned meeting protection
- Meetings that are 8 hours or more (i.e. all-day events), because showing up at midnight to confirm your all-day seminar is probably not a great experience.
- Meetings booked (from Robin only!) within your set confirmation window (the default setting is less than two hours in advance), including impromptu meetings on the room display, will automatically confirm since they fall inside the confirmation window. The average organization on Robin will see about 15% of their total meetings fall into this category. You can customize this confirmation period via scheduling settings.