Posted April 2017 - Updated on launch May 2017
The short version: We redesigned the office settings page for admins. It includes a new way to group your office by campus and floor. You don't need to do anything, but the design changed.
You can find more previews at the bottom of this page.
Who is affected?
- Admins and Owners for organizations have a new consolidated place to manage their office settings.
- Members are not affected, and won't notice a difference.
What's the same?
- All of the settings are available for spaces and locations.
- No changes are required for this update. Your office will continue to work exactly the same as before.
- A new Settings > Offices page for organization admins.
- Spaces and Locations settings pages are combined under Offices.
- Locations are renamed to Buildings
- You can group Buildings (formerly Locations) into Campuses, and Spaces into Levels (e.g. Floor 2). Options vary by plan.
Why is it changing?
- Prepares for expanded office hierarchy options for grouping offices into campuses and levels.
- Many organizations would use locations as a catch-all for buildings, floors, etc. This change allows direct feature support for things like "Find all whiteboard spaces on Floor 3 of Building A"
- Allows admins to quickly manage multiple tiers of settings from one consistent layout.
Questions about the change? Support can help.