- Visitor Management
- Robin Admin
What you need to get started:
An ipad running ipadOS 16.0 version +
A supported badge printer (see below)
Supported badge printers
Robin supports the following badge printers. We recommend the Brother QL-820NWB for the best experience.
** For the best result we recommend using DK-2251 badges **
Setting up a Brother badge printer to print via WIFI
Step 1: Set up the printer
1. Make sure your Brother badge printer is a supported badge printer model, and it's powered on.
2. Using the up and down arrows, set the printer's date/time and language.
3. Select the Menu button to navigate to the WLAN settings.
4. Select WLAN "ON".
5. Navigate back to the WLAN settings and select "infra Manual Setting"
6. Select the network that your arrival display iPad will be connected to and enter the corresponding password. It will say "connected" once it connects successfully.
7. Once connected, navigate to the main WLAN settings.
8. Select WLAN → WLAN Status → Infrastructure Mode to find the IP address.
9. Next to "IP Addr:", you'll see a series of numbers separated by periods. (Example IP:
10.2.1.34). Copy down the IP address.
Next up, pair the badge printer with the Arrival Display using the IP address. See step 2 below. you need to use the same IP address for each. You can find this in the Robin web dashboard > Manage > Devices > Arrival Display tab.
For additional support, refer to the corresponding Brother printer manual and support docs:
Step 2: Pair the printer with Robin
1. Open the Robin web dashboard and navigate to Manage → Devices → Add a device → Arrival display → Enable badge printing toggle.
2. Enter your badge printer's IP address. (See step 9 above for more info on how to grab the printer's IP address.)
3. Click Add display.
4. To complete the arrival display registration, note the code that will be used to register your device.
Step 3. Pair the printer with the arrival display
1. On the iPad, install Robin's Arrival Display app from the Apple app store.
2. Once it's installed, open the app and enter the pairing code.
3. Click Next-- this will engage a prompt to allow the app to find and connect to devices on your local network.
4. Click Allow to give pairing permission. NOTE: the Arrival Display and the badge printer need to be on the same network in order for the devices to pair successfully.
5. Confirm the registration details are accurate, then click Register.
Managing devices after registration
Once you've set up the arrival display and the badge printer, you can manage them in the web dashboard. Open the web dashboard > Manage > Devices.
Under the Arrival Display tab, you can see:
Pairing code and status (if it's paired to a badge printer)
Under the Badge Printers tab you can see:
Which arrival display it's paired to
The location of the Arrival Display
The printer's status
Option to remove the printer from the Arrival Display