First time setting up an office with Robin? You're in exactly the right place. Follow this checklist and you'll be up and running in no time.
- Build and customize your office building
- Create interactive office maps
- Connect your calendar system
- Add room calendars
- Set up user authentication and provisioning
- Choose how your users will interact with Robin
- Where to find help
Build & customize your office building
- Start building your office under Manage > Offices.
- Add your building, then click the building name to view and edit building details like working hours, timezone, and address.
- Add floors to your building and assign a map for each floor. If you haven’t set up a map yet, reach out to your account manager so we can convert your floor plans!
- Add spaces to your building.
- Set scheduling policies and desk policies for your entire building at the bottom of the building page.
- Customize your organization with branding.
- Add your own custom amenities options under Manage > Amenities, so users can easily find exactly which rooms or desks are equipped with the tools they need.
- Want to set up your own health check survey to go out with every desk reservation? Visit Manage > Integrations > Health Checkpoint.
- [Premier only] Do you need to restrict who is allowed to sit where or have special roles for managers who can assign and reserve seats for others? Set up groups and permissions.
Create interactive office maps
- From a floor map, place spaces and add points of interest for your users to navigate the office easily.
- Add desks to your maps using the Desk Layout Tool.
- Configure your floorplan to define desk types across your office and show which desks are available to be booked with distance planning.
- Have assigned seats? Right this way.
Connect your calendar system
Robin supports Google and Outlook (Office 365/Exchange) calendars. Below are in-depth checklists for connecting each type of calendar system.
Add your room calendars
Each space in Robin needs to be paired with a unique calendar resource in order for users to reserve the room and see it's availability from the office map.
Set up user authentication and provisioning
Robin supports several methods of user authentication. By default, password logins are enabled to start.
- [All plans] Invite all users at once with a csv file: Once you upload this, all users are sent an automatic invitation to join your Robin account.
- [Pro & Premier] Enable SSO via Google or Office 365.
- [Premier only] SCIM provisioning: Provisioning users via SCIM through either Okta or Azure allows you to “silently” invite and remove users from Robin.
Choose how your users will interact with Robin
Room and desk booking
Room booking only
Notifications and office search
- Use our email template to introduce your office to Robin.
Where to find help
We're here to help when you need it. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click the chat button in the lower right corner of the web dashboard. Someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible.