Robin works best with G Suite when using resource calendars.
Meet the calendar resource
A calendar resource (aka “resource calendar”, “room calendar”) is a special type of calendar meant for shared resources like rooms or equipment (i.e. camera equipment) that can only do one thing at a time.
This video walkthrough shows you how to set up calendars for your rooms in under a minute.
Before getting started, you'll need:
- Administrator access for your G Suite for Business account
- The names of all your conference rooms
- Sign in to the Google Admin console. Click Apps > G Suite > Calendar > Resources.
- Click the yellow add button. Enter the resource name, type, and description. Pro Tip: Follow Google's recommendations for naming conventions.
- Click Add Resource.
- Add the resource to your My Calendars list so you can manage it. Here's how.
- Share the calendar with the people in your organization, so that they can "See all event details". Your booking user account should have permission to "Make Changes and Manage Sharing".
- Test scheduling your resource in Google. It may take up to 24 hours before users can schedule a newly-created resource.