One of the most useful pages for analyzing facility usage is the "Analytics" tab in the web dashboard. From there, you'll see a table of your rooms and a breakdown of reports for the given time range.
The lists on top call out most and least active rooms by hours of meetings hosted. These are helpful for planning expansion or redistributing meetings.
Here's what it looks like in action:
Each column explained, in order:
- Color: Red indicates a decrease in activity compared to the previous time range, and green indicates an increase.
- Name: The space's name
- Meetings: Number of meetings that took place on the room's calendar
- Change: The change in number of meetings compared to the last time range
- Share of all meetings: The percent of total unique meeting at this office location was this space responsible for?
- Occupancy: During a standard work week, how much time was this room booked for?
- Total Meeting Hours: Cumalative time of all meetings that took place in this room.
- Canceled Meetings: Combined count of events that were canceled through room display.
The heatmap tab is an easy way to see the distribution of meetings throughout the day. The darker the time block, the more meetings occured. Hover over a block of time to see details.
Getting extra no-show (unbooked) meeting data
By default we'll show you the percent of canceled meetings. If you'd like a more in-depth monthly export of all meetings which were canceled due to nobody showing up or checking in, email support and we'll give you a complete spreadsheet with the details.