Calendar integrations are typically a set-it-and-forget-it kind of deal. But there are a few common reasons for updating the integrated Google Apps account. These include:
- Change in credentials. This usually means the Google Apps password expired or two-factor was enabled. The Google Apps account needs to be reconnected with the updated credentials.
- Connect a booking user, or service account, to manage Robin generated bookings.
"Will switching accounts delete all of my events?"
Nope! When you disconnect a Google account, Robin will unpair all space calendars and only remove events in the future. Since these events exist on your Google Calendar, they will sync back as soon as you pair the calendars again.
All of your spaces and historical data (e.g. past events and analytics) will stay put.
How to switch accounts
If you're updating your account to use a different address for managing the events (e.g. booking user) there are a few steps involved:
- Remove the current account.
- All spaces will switch to on-demand automatically because they will no longer have calendars attached. If you have a busy office, you may want to wait until off-hours to make this switch since it will briefly impact folks' ability to book through Robin.
- Connect the new account.
- Make sure the new account has the same permissions to access calendars as the original.
- Reconnect the same calendars to each space, which will restore the original schedule.
- You're done!
Remember that spaces can exist without their calendars. When you delete a space’s calendar, the space will continue to exist but switches to on-demand scheduling. Any connected room displays will update to be impromptu-meetings only until a calendar is reconnected. You should not have to update any of your room displays when switching a booking user.
How to disconnect a Google account
- Navigate to the Organization Settings > Integrations tab within Dashboard.
- Select "Manage" then Click "Remove" to disconnect your account. You must confirm before the Google account is disconnected.