Support services are a way to give people easy access to help desks and other key contacts in your office. The Issue reporting feature is one of the service addresses that can be configured under the Workplace Service page in the Robin dashboard. This enables employees to swiftly report a facilities issue, e.g. light bulb replacement, to the right service team and is most commonly used from the Robin Rooms app on room displays.
On the premiere plan and looking for more information on Meeting Services, e.g.,catering, instead? Right this way.
Adding issue reporting service addresses
Administrators can manage available support services on the Workplace Services page. We recommend making the support services map to your existing internal help desks for things like Facilities & Tech Support.
Navigate to Manage > Workplace services on left panel > next to the facilities section Add Contact.
Fill in the service details and customize the service addresses to correlate with specific locations (campus, building level, space).
- "Use this email for", select Issue Reporting.
- Add the corresponding email address. This routes the request to the person or team providing the service. (Only 1 email can be entered. Group emails are supported)
- Add any helpful instructions for the employee to see when reporting the issue & the save changes.
If you're a large organization with multiple buildings and/or floors with different facility teams, add as many service addresses needed.
If your help desk requires a whitelist, make sure to allow incoming messages from email@example.com.
Sending a support request
Today there are a three ways to report issues using support services. Note: This button will only appear once you have at least one support service added.
Any room display outside your conference rooms. Full guide here.
- Tap Report a Problem when viewing a space in the mobile app to open the issue reporting tool.
- Click Report a Problem when viewing a space in the web dashboard to open the issue reporting tool.
Receiving a support request
When someone reports an issue about a space, the report will automatically include information about the space, as well as details and contact information when the request is sent through the web dashboard or mobile app.
The selected group will then receive an email like this: