This is a guide to help you get started with Desks. If you’ve already created Desks, head over to this guide to add more!
Robin can help you manage desks and seat reservations in your office. With a few clicks you can create a group of desks, add amenities, and configure them to support different flavors of seat reservations, including short term hot desking.
Allocate desks to employees, keep tabs on furniture counts, and manage an influx of new hires. We’re replacing the spreadsheet and clipboard method with our collaborative web dashboard, so you can assign seats and move employees when the team grows.
Get started and add Desks to your office.
Already set up your first group of desks in Robin? Skip to the bottom of this page for instructions on adding more from Manage > Offices > Add New
- Create a space
- Select a building from the dropdown menu
- Select a level from the dropdown menu
- Enter the space where this desk group will be located
Once you've selected a building, level, and space, go to Next: Create Desk
- Create a desk group
Choose a group type - select the Pod or Table option
Pods are a close group of individual work stations.
Tables are a joined group of desks.
Enter a name for your desk group
- Click on Add Desk
- To remove a desk, select a green member icon
Once you've completed the steps above, go to Next: Customize Desk
- Customize each desk
- Determine the desk reservation type from the dropdown menu next to each desk
- Assigned: Permanent desk assignment. The desk isn't available for other people to use except for the assignee.
- Hot: A short-term desk reservation. The maximum length of the reservation is one day. Can only be reserved the day of.
- Hotel: A desk that can be reserved for multiple days, much like a hotel room. Can be reserved in advance.
Choose an amenity from the dropdown menu or create your own
Select desks from the list to assign each amenity that you choose
Click on Apply to [#] selected
Repeat these steps for each amenity you'd like to assign to desks in this group
Once you've completed the steps above, go to Next: Preview and confirm
- Preview and confirm
To assign team members to desks, click on the green member icon. When you start typing names, members of your organization will appear for selection. Confirm the selected team member to assign them to a desk. When you assign a desk to a team member, they will receive an email alerting them to their new desk assignment.
- Note: You can assign these desks later instead as new members join the team
To remove a desk, click on the x in the upper right corner of the desk's box
Review the desks in this desk group and ensure all information is correct
Once you've completed the steps above, go to Confirm and create
Note: You can go back to a previous step at any time
Creating and editing desks in Dashboard
Follow this guide to create new desks in Dashboard.
You can make edits to desks at any time. Find more info on our Editing desks guide.