- How to set up a status board
- Customize your status colors
- Deleting or editing status boards
The status board offers big screen signage for real- time availability. With a quick glance at a TV around your office, or a touch of a button on an interactive map, team members can easily reserve spaces & desks based on availability, amenities & location. If your office uses Desks, you can also look up where co-workers are sitting to find a desk nearby.
Status boards work with most modern browsers, and can display in either landscape or portrait depending on the display. If you already have TV’s in your office, chances are you can use the same system to run status boards. Some TV’s have limited browser support built in, but you’ll have the most reliable experience connecting a separate device like a Chromebit or Airtame.
We’re not able to maintain a list of compatible TV browsers (it’s a REALLY big industry), and we’d recommend testing before deciding to use a separate device or not. We do not have native apps for Apple TV or Roku at this time. You can follow the video below or review the steps in the article for a tutorial on how to setup a status board.
Interactive map (kiosk) on status board
Static Map on status board
Scheduling on Status board
Get started with a status board in a few simple steps:
- Configure a board
- Robin Admins can set up new boards in Dashboard by navigating to Manage > Devices > Create a status board.
- Select a board type
- Choose between: static map (requires maps), scheduling list (maps not required), or interactive map (requires maps & a touch enabled display)
- Note for a scheduling board, by default all spaces are selected for that floor or building. Deselect a space by unchecking the box next to a space name (e.g. some offices may want to only show a specific wing of the building). Maps is already configured by floor.
- Board information
- Name the board based on its location in your office.
- Select a building and floor.
- Do you need to restrict status boards to an IP address?
Enter in IP addresses (router IP(s)) or IP CIDR
blocks to whitelist. Status Boards will only load information on these approved networks.
If you have maps, drag the map where the status board will live.
- Configure privacy options
- Configure privacy options to manage info displayed on each board
- Click Activate status board
- Copy the link
- Once you’ve activated the board, copy the unique status board URL.
- Open in a browser
- Paste the URL link into a browser & make the window full screen (e.g. mini PC or Chromecast).
- For Kiosk boards, the browser must be on a touch enabled display or input device.
- Set the board to fullscreen on your TV.
- The board updates automatically as statuses change.
Customize status colors
Status colors provide a visual symbol to indicate whether a space or desk is occupied or available. By default, Robin uses:
- Red = In use (Spaces only)
- Yellow = Booked, but not yet confirmed (Spaces only)
- Green = Available (Spaces & Desks)
Or change the status colors to match your company'a branding! Administrators, navigate to Manage > Themes & customization > "colors".
- By default, custom colors are applied on the organizational level. To apply the colors to only a particular location, use the dropdown menu in the top right corner to select a building.
- Play around with the color hex and preview what it will look like on maps and/or room displays. You can also choose a light or dark background.
- These colors apply to spaces that appear on a map on status board, room display, and time pills in dashboard.
- The color that represents the “available” status applies to desks that appear on a map in status board, the mobile app, and dashboard.
Editing or deleting a status board
If you delete a status board for a building or level and then recreate the same board, the dashboard will activate a new link. Be sure to copy the updated link to your status board device (the old link will no longer be valid).
To edit or delete a status board, go to Manage > Devices > Status Boards and select the pencil icon next to a board from the list.