Robin makes it easy to find and reserve the best space for your office activities, wherever you are, with scheduling tools at your fingertips. Robin provides dynamic scheduling experience like interactive maps, calendar extensions (Google & Outlook), mobile app, & web dashboard, to help you find the optimal space for your activities.
For this guide, we are going to focus on the different ways to book events from the Robin dashboard and tips to improve your search results.
- Option A. Office search page
- Option B. Create Event button
- Option C. Maps (optional feature)
- How to improve search accuracy
Option A. Office Search
1. Choose your preferred search view (optional step or skip to the action)
Office Search (home page) helps you find the right space for the task at hand and offers a variety of ways to view available spaces. Take a look at the options below and choose the view that works best for you. If your office has maps, the map view is the default.
To get started, confirm you’re on the spaces tab.
Then choose your space view search preference:
List view or thumbnail
List view or Map view
If you don’t see the Map view option that means your office doesn’t have maps set up.
Now that you've set your preferred search view, next step is creating a search criteria.
2. Set the search criteria
Robin works hard to find the optimal space for your activities. It checks all the spaces in your office to find the best matches based on time, location, equipment, and number of people.
- From the office search page, use the search tool bar to add your event criteria (time, date, duration).
- Add filters, like specific amenities you need, number of attendees, etc. to narrow down your search results.
- If your office has maps you can click directly on an available space on the map to learn more about the space or scan through the suggested spaces in the left panel.
3. Booking from results
When you see something you like, click on either the Book Meeting button or one of the green timepills to open the event composer to schedule an event.
Booking from results (map view)
By default, Robin uses the following status colors to help users find a work area quickly. The "available" status colors apply to time pills in dashboard and may also notice the colors on spaces that appear on a maps & room displays. If your office set custom status colors then you may see different colors.
- Red = In use (Spaces only).
- Green = Available (Spaces & Desks).
Option B. Create event button
This allows users to easily book meetings from the Robin dashboard. The Create Event button is accessible at the top right header in your dashboard from every view point.
Now you can easily add available spaces within your office, invite others by entering their email address, add a video conference link (Zoom and BlueJeans), and add a meeting service, like catering requests.
Option C. Maps (optional feature for Pro + plans)
Maps is an added feature to enhance office visibility at a glance. Floor plans with real- time availability
Easiest way to grab the right space in your office at all times. Robin uses the following default colors for space status:
- Green = Available
- Yellow = Booked
- Red = In use
Select an available space from the Map and space info will populate in the left toolbar.
Click on the Book button and fill out the event composer to reserve the space.
Don’t see the Maps option, but want to learn more? Right this way!
Improving search accuracy
If you're an administrator in Robin, you can improve accuracy by completing a few steps. This will make sure all of your office space has the information needed to match best. You'll find these options under each space's Manage page.
- Pair a calendar with each space to check for future conflicts
- Add a display for greater visibility into impromptu meetings
- Add total space capacity for each space
- Add amenities to share available equipment
- Define campuses and levels to narrow down search to spaces near each other