Desks help you manage workstations simply. Once you set up your desks in Robin, it's a breeze for employees to book a desk.
Watch our quick overview video then follow the steps below to get your team started.
Knowing your physical office
Before diving into Robin, review your office floor plan and get a lay of the land. Here are a few questions you should be able to answer:
- How do we want to section the office into neighborhoods, or work areas? How will we name these areas?
- In each of those sections, how are desks grouped? In a long line against the wall? In a cluster of six?
- Which desks will be Assigned, Hot, or Hotel reservation types?
- Do desk groups have common amenities (e.g. keyboards, additional monitor)?
- Does an individual desk have special amenities (e.g. standing desk, sound proofing, yoga ball instead of a chair)?
Download this checklist for your physical office to ensure you have the info you need to create desks in Robin.
Creating your digital office
Do you have several desk groups that are the same shape with the same number of desks? Use a template to speed things up!
Have a few unique desks or desk groups you'd like to create individually without a template?
Bit of both? We recommend using templates for the more common groups and setting up custom desk groups for more unique shapes.
Tying them together on a map
It's easy to find and book a desk on Maps. Once you've created your desks in Robin, follow the guide below to add desks to your map:
Getting your employees using Desks
- Our handy mobile app is the best way to book a desk on the go.
- Folks can also book from the dashboard or a map.