- Using the Robinbot
- How the Robinbot can help
- Install the Robin Slack App (Organization level)
- Set up Slack event reminders
- How do Slack event reminders work?
The Robin Slack app is a great way to quickly look up which spaces are free, check on your own schedule, and receive reminders for upcoming events. When you add the Slack integration for Robin, a new bot user will join your team's Apps. Once connected, you can invite Robin to channels or groups.
For example, we invited Robinbot to our channel related to all things in the office, (#office) using the
/invite @robinbot command, or just message it directly (see below).
Robin will not join any of your channels by default and will respond when mentioned directly in a public channel, or when directly messaged in a private chat.
Here's what the Robinbot can help with
See room availability
what's free or simply type
free to get a look at room availability in your office. If your organization has multiple buildings, Robin will show spaces in your default location; however, feel free to spy on other offices by specifying which location you're looking for:
what's free at (location name)
Check on your own schedule
For a glance at your availability,
my schedule will show your own list of events for the day. With
next event Robin returns information about the next event on your calendar. When available you'll see number of attendees and the space associated with that event.
Install the Robin Slack app
The Robin Slack app needs to be integrated on the organizational level in order to use the Robinbot and/or to receive Slack event reminders.
- Once you press "Authorize", Robinbot will connect to your Slack team automatically and can be found via the Team Directory. Invite it to a common channel, or just leave it as a DM-only tool.
How to set up Slack notifications for event reminders
Slack must be integrated on the organizational level before you can set up event notifications for your personal account (See above for more details).
- Connect your Slack account under your user profile to receive event notifications by navigating to your avatar > settings > Integrations. Scroll down and select Connect.
- Click on Sign in with Slack.
- From here, click Continue in the Slack popup window to authorize access to your Slack account. Be sure that the dropdown in the upper right corner is set to your organization's connected workspace.
- Once you’ve connected your account, you’ll receive a Slack message confirming the integration was a success.
How do Slack notifications work?
Need a reminder for your upcoming meeting? We’ve got you covered with Slack notifications.
You’ll receive a reminder message in Slack 5-10 minutes before your next event begins. If you’re the event organizer, you’ll receive a reminder to confirm your event
Click the Confirm button to check into your event from the Robin Dashboard.