Looking for issue reporting and support services instead? Right this way.
- All plans
With meeting services, you can add support requests for things like catering, facilities, and A\V + tech using the Robin dashboard. Follow the tutorial below or the steps outlined in this guide.
For the ideal experience, we recommend using the latest version of the event composer. If you prefer the legacy composer, not much will change -- service requests will continue to be added to events as an invitee and will appear in the body of the email.
Configuring meeting services
Global admins can enable meeting services by navigating to Manage > Workplace Services in the left panel.
There are 4 different types of meeting services:
Facilities: Building management & maintenance, space setup assistance, &, etc. This can also be used for issue reporting from room displays.
Office admin: Space & event assistance
A/V & Tech: Equipment & Audio/Visual
Catering: Food & drink
Admins can customize the available service options for their organization, campus, location, level, and/or space based on permissions. This allows admins to identify which spaces support which type of services, and/or which users have permission to request services.
- Select add contact next to the service you'd like to add.
- This opens a modal where you can add the service details:
- Customize the available service options to correlate with specific locations (campus, building level, space).
- Some service emails can be used for different purposes--choose what the email will be used for, such as:
- Catering service requests are added to meetings.
- Facility contacts can be used in 2 different places; facility requests can be added to meetings (e.g. please set up the space like classroom style). Or as an issue reporting support service that can be notified directly from room displays, mobile app, or dashboard for environmental or amenity issues in a space (e.g. the room temperature is unbearable).
- Add the corresponding email address for the type of service. This routes the request to the person or team providing the service. (Only 1 email can be entered. Group emails are supported)
- Add custom instructions. For example, you may want to add "Contactxxx@domain.com for any requests less than 24 hours in advance." as catering instructions.
- Select save.
- To add multiple service addresses for a particular type of service based on location, simply select Add contact.
Looking for more information on issue reporting and support services instead? Right this way.
Manage who can request workplace services
By default, all members have permission to add workplace services to their event. Admins can edit these permissions to manage which users can add meeting services to their events with custom roles & permissions. Learn more about configuring custom permissions here.
Adding a service request to your event
If you have permission and the space supports services, you can add event services using the Robin dashboard.
Not all spaces are configured the same. If you're not seeing the service you need, try another space or reach out to an admin for assistance.
Workplace services are not supported on events marked "All day". If you need to create an event that spans over the course of the day, select the specific hours of the event, like 9am to 6pm, to access a service.
Workplace services are not supported on events with more than one space attached.
If you're reserving a "Request only" space that also requires a service request, be sure to add the service request in the initial meeting approval submission. This is important because once the meeting is approved, you won't be able to edit or add workplace services, like catering, to your event.
- Create an event
Search for a space using the web dashboard and select the room and time that works best for your event.
- Select a service
A service request box will populate in the bottom right corner--click in the box to view the available service(s) for that space; catering, A/V + tech, facilities, or office admin. Note, selecting a space is required before you can add a workplace service.
There are a few things to keep in mind:
- Not all spaces will have the same services. If you're not seeing the service you need, try another space or reach out to an admin for assistance.
- You can add more than one service type to your event, e.g. catering & facilities.
- If an event requires multiple touchpoints from one service, bundle the requests into one.
- For example, morning beverage service and catering at lunch, or set up and break down services from facilities.
- Add description
Enter a description to include directions & desired time.
For example, you can create an hour-long meeting from 4-5 pm and request that facilities set up the room at 3:30 pm. Or create a day-long event and request lunch at 12:30 pm.
- Save & book event
Click Save and fill in any remaining event details > Select Book now.
What to expect as the organizer of the event
Robin sends the service request to the service email address configured for the event location and service type, which will include; meeting organizer, location, requested service, requested time and date of service. Information regarding the agenda of the event and attendees are not included in the service request.
The invitees or attendees will not see the service request details in the event invitation or when viewing the event from their schedule.
As the organizer of the event you can review your meeting service request on the event details page. Captured in the image below.
The image above is from the event organizer's viewpoint.
"Need to edit your event?"
If you've booked the event as yourself (user calendar account connected + "Allow personal booking" is enabled for your office), then you're able to make edits to the event, including the meeting services.
- If you need to change the room, first delete the meeting service request and then choose a different space. Note: you will not be able to make edits to the event, like changing the room, if you've reserved a "request only" space.
- If any edits are made to the event the invitees/attendees will receive a notification regarding the change.
- If any edits are made to the logistics of the event, like the time, then the service provider (e.g. A/V+ tech team) will be notified via email.
What to expect as the service provider
The service provider will receive an email notification that will include the following details; meeting organizer (with a contact link), location, requested service, requested time and date of service.
If the event organizer makes any edits to the logistics of the event, the service provider will be notified via email.
Email notification will look something like this:
Reviewing events with meeting services
If you're an admin power scheduler or manage catering for the office, you can view any upcoming events that include a service request from the Schedule view page.
Navigate to your office schedule view tab and select Workplace services requested from the "highlight events" filter. This will highlight any upcoming event with a service request. Click on the event to view the details.