We do not support embedding the Robin dashboard link within Teams at this time.
- Microsoft Office admin
For more information on Microsoft Teams custom app installations please see Microsoft’s documentation: Manage your apps in the Microsoft Teams admin center - Microsoft Teams
- Login to MS Teams Admin dashboard: https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/dashboard
- Select the “Apps” icon at the lower left corner of the Teams application.
- Search for the “Robin” application.
- Select “Add” to install the application.
- Microsoft Office admin
MS Teams allows you to highlight and install applications on the behalf of your users. For more context please see Microsoft’s documentation: Manage app setup policies in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams
- Login to MS Teams admin dashboard: https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/dashboard
- Navigate to Teams apps > Setup policies
- Edit the default "Global (Org-wide default)" policy or create a new one if you wish to restrict the installation to specific users/groups.
- To install the application on behalf of all users in the policy click Add apps under installed apps and search for the Robin application.
- To pin the application for all users in the policy click add apps under pinned apps and search for the Robin application.
Using the Application
- As a user in MS Teams if the administrator has installed the Robin application on your behalf it should already show up in the pinned sidebar. Or you may need to search your apps by selecting the ellipsis icon.
- If the application is not installed click the Apps section in the sidebar and search for the Robin application.
- Install the app to a chat:
- Try messaging the Robin user in the Teams app and you will be prompted to login to Robin:
- Click Sign in and follow the login prompt to sign into Robin. You should receive a notification of a successful sign in (captured above).
List of available commands:
- Help: Returns a help dialog using the bot
- Where is [person]: Finds where a person is currently sitting
- Where is [space]: Retrieves space details
- Up next: Retrieve your upcoming meeting details
- Free at [location]: Fetches meeting room availability for location
Check out command examples below:
Where is [person]: Finds where a person currently is sitting.
Where is [space]: Retrieves space details for a meeting room.
Up next: Retrieves your upcoming meeting details.
Free at [location]: Fetches meeting room availability for a location.
- Upcoming event check-in