With the Robin app for Teams, you can see which spaces are free and receive timely desk and/or room notifications without having to switch between apps.
- Add Robin to Teams
- Receive Robin notifications in Teams
- Using Robin within Teams
Add Robin to Teams
MS Teams allows you to highlight and install applications on the behalf of your users. Follow the steps below to manage the app's setup policies. For more context please see Microsoft’s documentation: Manage app setup policies in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams
- Add Robin from the Teams directory here.
- Select Add to install the application.
- From the MS Teams admin console, navigate to Teams apps > Setup policies. Then edit the default "Global (Org-wide default)" policy or create a new one if you wish to restrict the installation to specific users/groups.
- To install the application on behalf of all users in the policy, click Add apps under installed apps and search for the Robin application.
Once the Robin app is installed, you can choose the type of notifications you want to receive. Users can set their preferences from the Teams integration itself:
Receiving Robin notifications in Teams
Keep your schedule running smoothly with Teams reminders for things like your upcoming desk reservation or scheduled meetings for the day.
If your office uses the desk check-in feature and a reservation is booked ahead of the confirmation window, then the reservee will receive a check-in notification at the start of the confirmation window.
You can check in or release your desk reservation right from Teams. It will look something like this:
Meeting rooms & events
You’ll receive a notification for every upcoming event, and if you’re the organizer and the event is attached to a space, you’ll see an option to confirm.
Using Robin within Teams
- If an administrator has installed the Robin application on your behalf it should appear in the pinned sidebar.
- If the application is not installed, click the Apps section in the sidebar and search for the Robin application.
- Click Add to install the app to a chat.
- Then try messaging the Robin user in the Teams app and you'll be prompted to log in to Robin.
- Click Sign in to Robin and follow the login prompt. You will receive a notification once you've successfully signed in. (captured above)
List of available commands
- Help: Returns a help dialog using the bot
- Where is [person]: Finds where a person is currently sitting
- Where is [space]: Retrieves space details
- Free at [location]: Fetches meeting room availability for location
Where is [person]: Finds where a person currently is sitting.
Where is [space]: Retrieves space details for a meeting room.
Free at [location]: Fetches meeting room availability for a location.