Pair the Google account and calendars you already use to keep your space's schedule in sync.
First, connect your Google Apps account with Robin.
- Log into the web dashboard, then select the space with which you'd like to pair a calendar.
- If your office uses Google Apps for email and scheduling, select the Google icon.
- You'll be prompted to connect your account if you haven't already. A pop-up window will show you a list of your Google Accounts or ask you to enter your account credentials. Select the one you’d like to add to Robin. We recommend using a generic account with access to the shared office calendars instead of a personal account.
- Robin will ask for permission to access calendar information in order to sync events. Accept permissions to proceed.
Once you've connected the Google account with Robin, you'll be able to skip this step for all future rooms and locations.
Next, add a room calendar to a space.
If you connected a Google Apps account from Settings > Integrations, go ahead and navigate to one of your spaces to pair it with a calendar. If you don't see this option, you may need to refresh the page after pairing your account.
- From the space details page, you'll be prompted to choose a calendar to pair with the space. If your office already uses Google calendars to manage your rooms, select "Use an existing calendar."
I don't have a Google Apps account with resource calendars
If you don't have resource calendars for your rooms already, Robin can create them for you; click "Make one for me". This will create a new shared calendar owned by the booking user, and not a resource calendar.
- The dropdown menu shows a list of the calendars managed by the connected Google account. Select which calendar you'd like to pair with the space.
Missing your room calendars?
If you're not seeing your resource calendars in this list, make sure you've enabled API access for your Google account. This gives Robin permission to access the calendars.
- When done, click “Save”. Your events will now sync with Robin.
To change, remove or edit calendar settings for your space:
Open to your space details page, and click on the "Schedule" tab. Click "Edit Calendar" to update the calendar or its settings.