Segmenting folks into groups makes it easier to find the right colleagues quickly with a more robust directory and provides a way to categorize and manage user permissions. The configuration of groups is available on all plans.
How to configure groups
- Navigate to Manage > Groups
- Select Create new group to add a group. Groups can be based on departments, roles, or location. Some examples: Sales Team, Senior Managers, Boston.
To edit your group, go to Manage > Groups. Check the box next to the group you'd like to edit, then select the edit icon. From here you can edit the group name and description.
To add people to a group, select the group name from the list then click Add people to add people individually, or click Import CSV to add people in bulk.
A few things to note about the CSV option:
- Robin's import tool supports two columns, name & email (required). Headers are case-sensitive, so be sure to check your capitalization before uploading. Your CSV should look something like the image below.
- Max of 150 users per CSV
- Supports the option to provision accounts silently. Meaning we will not send a Robin invite if they don't already have an account.
Does your office use SCIM?
Customers on the Premier plan can use SCIM as another option to help with managing groups. Learn more here!
To remove members from a group, check the box next to the member then select the delete icon.
Roles and permissions
Add People to a group
Add members to groups from the People page.
- Navigate to Manage > People
- Select members you would like to add to a group
- Click Add to a group
- Select the group you would like to add the selected members to.
- Select Save changes
Where to see groups
Navigate to the People tab in the dashboard or on the mobile app to search for users and view their assigned groups.