The analytic exports for spaces and desks can be downloaded as a CSV file from the Robin dashboard. However, if your data includes "non-latin language" you may experience an encoding problem when trying to open & view the CSV export. For the most common spreadsheet clients, like Excel, you may see a warning message that says "unreadable contents" or the data may appear garbled, making it difficult to read and analyze the report.
This can be fixed in a few simple steps by importing CSV files in spreadsheet apps. This guide outlines how to import a file using the "Text import wizard" in Excel. Other spreadsheet clients should work similarly.
- Open Excel and open the File menu in the top tool bar, select Import.
- Select the CSV file option as the type of file you want to import and select import.
- Select the CSV export from your saved files.
- Now follow the prompted steps from the "Text import wizard".
- - Choose the Data type that best describes your data: select Delimited.
- - Select the File Origin: Unicode (UTF-8)
- Click next.
- Set the delimiters your data contains, select the Comma option. Click next.
- Select the column data format to general. Click finish.