In the world of room scheduling, recurring meetings are the biggest culprits of no-show meetings. If you're ready to wield the power, follow this guide on how to create recurring meetings in Robin.
- How to create a recurring meeting via dashboard or,
- via the mobile app
- How to identify a recurring event
- How to disable the setting
NoteAs of November 2018, full recurrence add/edit support is available for Google & Microsoft calendars. Users can create a recurring event and edit/delete an instance or the entire series in Robin.
Robin will check the availability of the next 15 instances before allowing you to book the space, and then we’ll enforce that event series for the next year. Meaning folks cannot book over your event and we will keep you clear of conflict.
Keep in mind, if there is a conflict after the 15th instance, then the resource calendar will decline the invite for that instance.
Book a repeating event
From the web dashboard
1. From the event composer, select the box next to Repeat. This populates a menu where you can configure how often the event should repeat; daily, weekly, MWF, monthly, etc. See the example below-- you'll notice the event is set to repeat on a weekly basis for 10 occurrences on every Tuesday.
2. Robin will detect a space's availability for the first 15 instances and let you know if there are any conflicts. If a conflict is detected within that window, the find a space button will display a list of alternative spaces that can accommodate the entire event series.
3. When you're done filling out the event details, hit the Book now button and then book your event like normal.
From the mobile app
Scheduling a recurring event from the mobile app is very similar to how you create a recurring event in the Robin dashboard via the event composer.
- To open the mobile event composer, navigate to the schedule view tab > tap the + floating action button.
- Using the event composer, fill in your event details and then select "more options" > select "repeat" > select how often the event will repeat.
How do I edit or delete a recurring event?
What does a recurring event look like in Robin?
However, Google users will also have the option to view the event details of a single event using the "Event tab" or view all events within the series using the "Series tab".
How to disable the repeat event functionality
Recurring events are enabled for organizations by default. An administrator can disable the setting via Manage > Office > Building > Scheduling policies. You can also enable or disable this feature on a per space basis as part of scheduling policies.