When editing an existing meeting in Robin there are a few things to keep in mind:
- If the event was created outside of Robin then it is a synced event. In order to make changes to a synced event the Edit Synced Events setting must be enabled in the web dashboard. Synced events are flagged with a calendar icon.
- You must be an admin in Robin or event organizer to edit. Robin members will not have permission to edit other folks events.
In this article we are going to cover how to:
- Edit or cancel an event from web dashboard
- Edit or cancel a recurring event or series
- Update your event from the mobile app
Watch the video or follow the guide below on how to edit an existing event
How to update your event
From the web dashboard
- Locate & open your event from the room calendar or from the schedule view page.
- Select the Actions tab (3 little dots) in the top right > Edit or Cancel from the dropdown menu (see the video below). If you don't see the option to edit or cancel your event then you may not be the true organizer of the event and you will need admin assistance.
- Make your changes in the event composer > save changes.
- Note: Moving a meeting between spaces is in Beta, which means when you move the meeting, the original version will be canceled and immediately rebooked in the new space.
How to edit a recurring event or series
Editing a recurring event follows the same workflow and has the same requirements as a non-recurring event (steps above), but with the option to edit a single instance or the entire series.
Watch the video or follow the guide below on how to edit or delete a recurring event.
(The example in the video is associated with Google calendars)
Steps to edit or cancel a recurring event
From the event details modal, select the actions tab (3 little dots) > delete or edit.
- Edit: Make the desired changes to the event using the event composer modal & select Save changes. Then you'll see two options:
- Delete: delete the event & then select one of the two options:
How Robin recognizes recurring events varies depending on your calendar system; Google or Outlook.
Google and Outlook users will both see this icon However, Google users will also see the option to view the event details of a single event using the "Event tab" or to view the series (first 10 instances) using the "Series tab".
How to update your event from the mobile app
- Find the event you'd like to edit or delete from your Schedule, and then tap to open the Event details. Tap Edit in the top right corner of the card.
- From the event composer, you can either edit the necessary fields (date, time, etc.) or select delete at the bottom of the event composer.