- User calendar integration
You will need to connect your personal (work) calendar account in order to access the advanced scheduling features with the latest event composer version. Robin respects user privacy and personal events will not be synced.
Robin admins, a key thing to note if your organization has "allow personal booking" disabled, the booking user needs to have write access to the room calendars in order for folks to create events successfully. This is a different permission level than the one required for the legacy composer. Check out this guide to see if you already have the correct permissions in place.
- Connect your personal calendar account
- How it works
- Delegate booking (requires admin configuration)
You're likely familiar with your current calendar system's event composer and Robin's event composer works similarly, but with a few extra tricks to make managing your schedule easier.
When your personal calendar account is connected, Robin can provide more assistant driven scheduling suggestions and an overall more streamlined user experience. The event composer can help you find the optimal space and time (for all attendees!) for the activities in your workday. Follow the guide to learn more.
Connect your personal calendar account.
If you haven't already connected your personal calendar, Robin will prompt you to connect it throughout different scheduling workflows. Or you can connect it right from the event composer.
Navigate to the dropdown menu located in the bottom left corner > Connect your calendar.
How it works
Invite others to your event by entering their email address or their name. We'll try to auto-complete names based on your contact list, past events, and current user lists within Robin.
Changed your mind and need to remove a person from the invitee list? Hover over their name and click the "X" to delete it.
Select the event time
- Robin will suggest times based on your set working hours (as the organizer) and the invitees availability within the same domain.
- Preview other’s availability before booking to ensure the selected time works for everyone.
- If no “best fit” spaces are available at the selected time, Robin will show other options, or suggest times when spaces and invitees are available. To see more time options, select change.
- The list populates the “soonest available” times by default. To adjust the timeframe, click the dropdown menu for additional options; soonest available, within a week, in two weeks.
Next up, select the space from the suggested spaces.
Select a space for the event
Robin works hard to help you find the best space for your activity. We will automatically check for scheduling conflicts and suggest the best spaces based on permissions, availability, and fit. You can also--
Add events without spaces. Block time off for focused work, or add your lunch meeting to the calendar.
"Do not require check in" option (visible to admins only)
This feature is a (default) admin only feature that enables admins in organizations who use Abandoned Meeting Protection to confirm the meeting when they book it, so then the meeting attendees don’t need to worry about checking- in and the space will not be released. Note, this setting can only be applied when creating a new event.
Event Add Ons
Meeting services (requires admin configuration)
If your office has workplace services set up, you can add meeting services, like catering requests or A/V tech assistance, right from the event composer. More versions of this feature will be coming soon.
Once a room is selected for your event, a service request box will populate in the bottom right corner. Click in the box to view the available service(s) for that space; catering, A/V tech, facilities, or office admin.
After selecting the service, enter a description to include directions & desired time.
If you're not seeing the option to add a meeting service, check out the pro tips outlined here for guidance.
Add a conference call link to your event using the + in the event composer.
Delegate booking (requires admin configuration)
Delegates can organize events on behalf of a person while keeping their own calendar clear of events they don't need to attend. This scheduling tool requires admin configuration and a few extra permissions. To learn more about delegate booking and the requirements head this way.
- Use the dropdown menu in the bottom left corner to open a list of calendars you have permission to book on.
- Then select the person's calendar the event should live on or the person you're booking on behalf of.
- Lastly, if you don't plan on attending this event, hover over your name in the invitee list & select the "X" to remove yourself from the event. This will keep your calendar clear of other folks events.
- If you've removed yourself from the event, but need to make changes to it, use the schedule overview page to locate the event and make any necessary edits.
Note: these permissions are granted in your native calendar system. If you're not seeing the calendar you wish to book on, contact your office admin to check your delegate booking permissions.
Prefer the legacy event composer?
Reach out to our support team (email@example.com) or contact your Robin customer success manager who can help with this!