A room display is digital signage that provides clear accurate schedules right at the door with Robin's companion app, Rooms. Room displays are great for showing a room’s availability and helps answer the question “Is this room free when I need it?”
Rooms provides additional features like a "check -in" option and abandoned meeting protection to mitigate meeting room “theft” or "ghosted" meetings, which are a common theme in offices.
If you're migrating from another scheduling system, it's important to note that Robin's room display app is designed for ad hoc meetings only. This is intentional, and is one of the ways we help keep your office running smoothly.
Sneak a peek at the Rooms app in action and follow the check list to get started.
This guide assumes you’ve already set up your spaces and you’ve connected room calendars to spaces in Robin. If you still need to do that head this way first- add spaces to your Robin office and/or connect your room calendars to Robin.
Follow the steps below to get started with Robin Rooms:
- Download the room display app called Robin Rooms
- Pair a room display with a space
- For Enterprise companies with an MDM provider you can also follow Setting up room displays with MDM
- Decide what control buttons you want available on the display. Some configurations to consider:
- Get to know Rooms
- Pro tip: for the Rooms app to perform best, enable "stay awake" mode for your devices.
Now that you have the basics set up you can fine tune your room displays to match your company branding and policies.
Brand your room displays to match your company theme
- How to keep your devices from going to sleep; ipad, Kindle, Android
- Overnight screen-dimming and battery conservation
- How to lock your display to the Rooms app
- Set up Autonomous Single App Mode (ASAM) for Rooms
- Managing App Updates
- Offline device notifications
- Bulk update all room displays at once