First time setting up an office with Robin? You're in exactly the right place. Follow this checklist and you'll be up and running in no time.
Build & customize your office building
- Start building your office under Manage > Offices.
- [Premier only] Do you have multiple office locations to set up and manage? Appoint dedicated Office Admins in Robin to delegate office location-specific tasks.
- Add your building, then click the building name to view and edit building details like working hours, timezone, and address.
- Add floors to your building and assign a map for each floor. If you haven’t set up a map yet, reach out to your account manager so we can convert your floor plans!
- Set scheduling policies and desk policies for your entire building at the bottom of the building page.
- Customize your organization with branding.
- Add your own custom amenities options under Manage > Amenities, so users can easily find exactly which rooms or desks are equipped with the tools they need.
- Want to set up your own health check survey to go out with every desk reservation? Visit Manage > Integrations > Health Checkpoint.
- [Premier only] Do you need to restrict who is allowed to sit where or have special roles for managers who can assign and reserve seats for others? Set up groups and permissions.
- [Requires desk floor plans] Need a way to manage your hybrid workforce? Configure passes for in-office, hybrid, and remote employees with Access Pass. Passes allow employees to book & check into their desks on designated days, and can help teams manage and monitor capacity as their offices reopen.
Create interactive office maps
From a floor map, add spaces, desks, and points of interest for an interactive office experience.
Configure your floorplan to define which & how many desks are available for bookings.
Have assigned seats? Right this way.
Connect your calendar system
Robin supports Google and Outlook (Office 365/Exchange) calendars. Below are in-depth checklists for connecting each type of calendar system.
Add your room calendars
Each space in Robin needs to be paired with a unique calendar resource in order for users to reserve the room and see it's availability from the office map. You can add room calendars using the Layout tool or by following the guides below.
Set up user authentication and provisioning
Robin supports several methods of user authentication. By default, password logins are enabled to start.
- [All plans] Invite all users at once with a csv file: Once you upload this, all users are sent an automatic invitation to join your Robin account.
- [Pro & Premier] Enable SSO via Google or Office 365.
- [Premier only] SCIM provisioning: Provisioning users via SCIM through either Okta, Azure, or OneLogin allows you to “silently” invite and remove users from Robin.
Choose how your users will interact with Robin
Room and desk booking
- Scannable QR code or NFC tag
- Local desk check-ins with stickers make it easy & convenient for employees to find a desk, book a desk, and check in to a desk at the office.
Room booking only
Notifications and office search
More workplace features to explore for your office
- Need a way to manage office visitors? Use our guest management feature found under the Visits tab in the web dashboard to manage office visitors including, guest registration, verifying guest identity, notifying host upon arrival, and creating guest visit logs.
- Share office updates and policies with employees in real-time with our Workplace Announcement feature!
- Do you want to gain a sense of what drives employees to come into the office and how to make the office a place folks go to do their best work? Check out our Workplace Experience survey here!
- Use our email template to introduce your office to Robin.
Where to find help
We're here to help when you need it. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click the chat button in the lower right corner of the web dashboard. Someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible.